Welcome to the Dragon’s Fortress
In this game, you don’t fight dragons.
You ARE the dragon.
In the deck, there are
- Five cards each of: Dragon, The Castle, Knight, Armory Room, Treasure Room, Magic Room, Draw Again.
- Five different furnishing cards each of: Treasure, Magic, Weapons
- Settle your small dragon card into his home.
- Build your fortress around your dragon by collecting all four sections.
The Castle, Armory Room, Magic Room, Treasure Room.
- Furnish each room with at least one item.
- Slide furnishing card under room card.
- You must have a room card before you can furnish it.
- Fend off knights and other dragons.
- If a person plays a knight toward you, you must play a weapon or dragon card before you get to draw.
- If a person plays a dragon toward you, you must play a magic or treasure card before you get to draw.
- If you don’t have the correct card, you lose your turn.
- Put small dragon cards into the bag and agree on a color that will be the dealer and go first; everyone chooses a dragon.
- Dealer deals five cards to each player then makes the first draw.
- Dealer plays whatever cards he can, face-up, around his dragon.
- Dealer discards. Everyone must discard on each play.
- Play moves to the left.
- If you have no cards, you may draw two and discard one.
- The first to complete their fortress and furnish each room with one item.
- Score = one point for the hand. PLAY AGAIN!
Variations on the game
1) If you are only playing with two people – try to gather 3 items for your rooms before there is a winner.
2) The drinking game. If someone plays a dragon card toward you, if you don’t have a magic or a treasure card you have to drink. If you do have the card – everyone else has to drink.